Amanda

Amanda

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Over Halfway...

$2,960.

That's how much has been raised thus far for my trip.

I need $1,990 more.

Today when I was running I was praying or rather talking to God... I started going through my mind calculating whether or not it was possible for me to get all of it paid for, or if I needed to start thinking up a plan B. I have one (of course- I'm a worry wart... like to have all my bases covered) But while I was thinking I realized something. This entire time I have felt bad asking people for the money to fund my trip. It's humbling, and when asking people for money I cannot help but think of the current recession and the sacrifice that they must make to give me money for this trip.

God reminded me of the fact that He called me to this trip, and that I am doing His work. I thank God for that revelation. How self righteous of me to think that any money that has come in has not been from God... and how silly for me to think He will not provide.

Yet what a reminder also to me of how I spend my money and how I use my resources. If others are willing to sacrifice for the Lord- and I am seeing that front and center... how can I be wasteful with the resources He's blessed me with?

Please continue to pray for me and my trip, God Bless....


No comments:

Post a Comment