1. Anyone who talked to me at all this summer, no doubt, got sick of hearing me rave on and on about how wonderful my student was that I got to read with. This student had Rachel (who now gets to read with him throughout the year) give me a "silly band"....
Aren't kids precious?
2. I'm thankful for conversations with friends who aren't in Oxford with me. I've gotten to catch up with a lot of friends lately, and it's just been so refreshing. I am truly blessed to have so many amazing, humble, and genuine women in my life. Check out the blog of just one of these amazing women here.
3. I'm thankful for having a solid church community, and for a church that really pushes me. I cannot get over this quote that Jeremy shared at Church on Sunday...
"Jesus never got a job, got married, had sex.... Why are we so consumed with these things? He never sought after them."
What I love most about this is that he was addressing primarily a college aged crowd. Who is being bombarded with lies that for fulfillment you need
1) A great job
2) A great husband/wife
3) If you are not even thinking about a husband/wife yet... just follow your lusts.
And yet Jesus sought NONE of those.
So, how are we doing "mastering the master" as Dave Perry would say?
Love you all :).
i just love you. more than you know!
ReplyDeletei love thankful lists! thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDelete