Amanda

Amanda

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"How shall I know this?"



Questions...
In Graduate School I am called to question everything, to be empirically based.
To use data.

And What a blessing all of these things are, this evidences even more the God we reflect.
A rational, just God.

We were given dominion over the earth, and to see humans taking that dominion and utilizing it is truly beautiful.

And yet this same blessing can bind us.
It has often, and likely still is to an extent binding me.
I want evidence, proof, concreteness... I want something that I can grasp a hold of and claim it as truth.

And yet today, the Lord reminded me that sometimes questions can lead to problems. In my quiet time today I read Luke 1. Zechariah asked, "How shall I know this?" to Gabriel, wishing for a sign to insure that this promise would come true... he was reprimanded for this and was mute because of his unbelief.

ouch...
how is that unbelief? he just wanted a sign...

I cannot imagine being in his shoes...
Shoot if an angel appeared to me and said that my mom or grandma was expecting, I'd be asking a lot more things then for a sign.

And yet, as Christians we are called to this.
We are called to accept God at his word. To hold his word as truth.

When he promises that he does all things for are/my good, or that he knows the plans he has for us/me... he means it.

Me questioning that does no good.

Just my thoughts for the day.... God is so faithful, I've been going through a really dry period spiritually lately (on my behalf, not His) and yet today I was able to be so refreshed through time with Him.

What an awesome, gracious God we serve.

1 comment: