"Papa, I am not sure who I am. But if I'm alright with you, then I guess I'm alright with me."
Thank you Disney for somehow making a Puppet's insecurity resonate so deeply with the human reality. Minus the whole nose growing part I guess... :)
This is a truth that I wish I had held onto when I first became a Christian, and one that I now cling to as I grow deeper in relationship with the Lord.
Amid all the craziness of life, the mistakes, the face flattening falls.. this we can hold onto. That we, as Christians, are right with and loved by the Lord.
In my girls group we're reading So Long Insecurity by this wonderful lady. At our latest discussion we were discussing how mad we get when we realize that we've been ineffective because we've been caught analyzing our own ineffectiveness rather than asking the Lord to work in us regardless of our inadequacies. We talked about how this angers God as well. Satan can use so many things to stop us. So many lies to convinces us that we are not meant to be or good enough to be used by the Lord.
Yet, as Pastor Brad Snyder, at Veritas so rightly preached from Isaiah 6. Isaiah was too filthy TO TALK to God, and yet two verses later (when his sin was atoned for by the coals where the sacrifice had been given) he was sent to speak FOR GOD. That is the majesty, power, and ultimately grace that we have been given.
Let's not alllow our inadequacies, insecurities, whatever you may call it, prevent us from being used for His glory any longer...
amen!
ReplyDelete