"Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled."
What a blessing it is to have women who pour into you.
I am forever thankful to God for the multiple women who have invested in me...
Here are three examples (all very different), but all revealing facets of the Lord to me.
Sandy Perry.

When God wrote Proverbs 31, I'm pretty sure he had Sandy Perry in his mind at the time. :) She is an exact mixture of Lydia's hospitality, Sarah's submissiveness, and a Martha/Mary blend of servanthood and time at the savior's feet.
Sandy showed me what a Godly wife and mother looked like. She had two children of her own, a full time job, and still managed to invest in my life. I am forever grateful to her. Her investment in my life is far more than I could ever thank her for.
Then there is Jane Armstrong :)
Jane and I were roommates in Roma for 6 weeks, and I learned so much in that time. I still enjoy our catch ups over coffee or lunch every now and then. What a prayer warrior she is. When I think of Jane I think of Hannah's prayer. Jane has been nicknamed by Crusade staff as the "Mother Teresa of Miami"... I can definitely see it! Getting to pray at night with Jane was one of the best experiences I have ever had, what an amazing woman of the Lord.
Last, but not least... Lura Beth (the Southern Bell)
LB has become a dear friend. She is one of the most edifying, loving, and trusting women that I have ever met. God's revealed his faithfulness to her countless times over, and unlike me who often needs hindsight to understand his plan... LB manages to trust even in the midst of turmoil. Her love of life, her family, and all of us b-stud girls can only be from a higher source. I am encouraged by her Martha spirit and her honesty in all areas of life. She is a true blessing.
Isn't it cool how God uses others in our lives?
In the back of my bible I have over 30 names of women who have impacted my spiritual walk.
What a true blessing it is to have community.
Hope this post leads you to pause and thank God for those who have invested in you.
No comments:
Post a Comment