Amanda

Amanda

Friday, May 22, 2009

"Being Comfortable is not a Pre-Requisite to Obedience"

Wow. I am in Italy. Rome, Italy. Unreal.

First impression was honking, angry smart cars because our bus driver basically just stopped in the middle of traffic and had us unload. We were thankful though, it would have been a long walk if he had not. :) Graffiti is everywhere, but not in a "scary" way- mom, do not let that worry you. To my understanding, its just a cultural thing and thats how they express themselves.

We went out onto campus today but only for a little while, basically just to see how to interact with the Italian students, we will do more starting next week. Tomorrow we are having a "prayer night" where many christian organizations will be coming together along with hopefully some of the community to pray... Please pray about that. I am excited to see what comes about.

The staff is incredible, the people amazing... I feel so blessed to be amongst these people and to be an Ambassador for Christ. It is really exciting, please be praying for me.

I wanted to share with you a little of what God has been sharing with me in my quiet times. One verse in particular I have not been able to escape, " 1 Thess. 1:4-5 " For we know brothers loved by God that he has chosen you because our Gospel came to you not only simply with words, but also with the holy spirit and with deep conviction."

I would be lying if I said that witnessing was a totally comfortable thing, but I know that nothing I do can bring a person to Salvation- not because I am a good person, not because I smile, not because Im American... the word alone. And understanding of the Gospel is what changes people. That verse has just been so re-assuring to me.

Reading in 1 Kings has also been so encouraging... Jeroboam had every opportunity to follow God and obey his commands... but when fear crept in and Jeroboam doubted Gods promise, he turned to other idols. Asa, later on in the linage, CHOSE to turn from the ways of his immediate family and to walk in the ways of David- obeying all the God commanded. It is my hope that I will be as Asa and not allow fear\doubt\insecurity to creep in and prevent me from sharing the Gospel that is powerful and can transform lives. Please be praying that along with me.

2 Timothy 1:7... Love you all!

ps On a totally not spiritual not, Gellato and Kebabs are incredible and I really wish I was as fashionable as the Italian women... lol

No comments:

Post a Comment