Amanda

Amanda

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world."

Seth Franco (Former Globe Trotter) came to Rio to speak with FCA. His message was encouraging... he said one thing that really stuck with me (pardon the paraphrase), "People, when in the right hands [God's], can accomplish great things." He compared people to a basketball.... in Kobe Bryant's hands a ball can do incredible things- but in say MY hands... not so much.

Then I remembered a quote by Mother Teresa, " I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world." :) A pencil.... incapable of so much, and yet in the RIGHT hand... how many masterpieces are created?

Time with Him.. that's what changes people. Plain and simple.

I cannot wait to see what the next chapter holds... Rome, Miami... I know that God's plan is going to blow mine out of the water.

Yet, in the same aspect... I am finally appreciative of where he had me. I kicked hard when God sent me to Rio. I was a stubborn, selfish, complaining child. Yet, as I look back I see how God used this place and people to change me. Hopefully I'll learn to learn that lesson a little sooner from now on. :)

Yeah for graduation approaching and Rome only 10 days away!





No comments:

Post a Comment