Sam (a STINTer) shared that quote above. How true that is.
It's so easy when doing "Ministry" to want to shove the gospel down peoples throats and to see the fruit... it's not easy to trust that God is working and being faithful when you do not see the fruit of your labor. Pridefullness, Arrogance... thinking that you as a person have the ability to save. Being like a Pharisee who does everything right externally, but no change of heart. Still pursuing selfish desires, hoping for fulfillment. Not caring about others or listening to others... Rather hoping to "convert" so others will perceive you as HOLY. How false. God is God. He is sovreign, and it is a BLESSING to be an ambassador... not something I have earned, or am worthy of...
Eph. 2:8-9 was the first verse I ever memorized (I think I was in AWANA). But it rings true even today. Nothing I do, Nothing I am, Nothing I can do makes me worthy. It was by and through God alone that I am saved.
On the opposite end of the spectrum, it's reassuring to hear that God loves me for who I am and that he loves me in spite of my screw ups. What a relief that is to hear. It's not me. I can stop worrying, stop fretting, stop stressing... and rely on Him. For when I do that, the natural overflow is goodness... is love... is compassion... not pride or arrogance.
Just some thoughts... We have an Apertivo tonight with some college students... Pray it goes well :)
No comments:
Post a Comment