Amanda

Amanda

Monday, June 1, 2009

Eccl. 5:7 "... Therefore stand in awe of God."

Roma, by far my favorite place I have been to thus far. God has just been teaching me so much here lately... I dont even know if I am able to process it all. But its SOOO good.

I am going to let you read a little bit of my Journal from a quiet time I had one morning, I feel like it does more justice then what I could write now on my own...

"5-31-09

Italy. Roma.

I could do this. I could live here. Id need tubs of JIF Peanut Butter imported, and perhaps better vocabulary.. But I like it here, a lot.

I like the breeze through windows without screens, how welcoming Italians are, and just the beauty that is so evident around every corner. I enjoy the laid back culture adn the feeling that no one here knows me- somehow its freeing. Im a city girl- Roma has proved that evident.

On a ministry note, however, Roma has SUCH a need. God had been replaced in this City. Random make outs on every corner, wasted people passing out at 9AM... so sad. And so many other lies.

God, I fear that the beauty of this city and what it ONCE stood for often veils he reality of its dire need for you. As I stood in awe of the Villa of Borghese and the Sistine chapel, words could not do justice at the intricate beauty. I stood in awe of the beauty.

I stood in awe of this City. This beautiful city.... God, it is my prayer that at the end of this trip I no longer merely stand in awe of your hand in the creation of such beauty, but that I stand in awe of what youve done here... The lives that you have transformed, God I beg for that. You are God, you are soverign.... without boundaries or limits... I pray you move.I pray you draw your people to you.

God, do not allow the beauty of this city to distract us from the broken hearts in need of reconciling."

No comments:

Post a Comment